It can often be useful to see your Routes laid out onto a map. This article will show you how to accomplish this in RouteStar Online
Step 1: Navigate to the Route Mapping Page
Step 2: Expand the 'Map & Optimize' side menu
Step 3: Select the Route you wish to see overlaid on the map
- You can further narrow the selection of route stops that will be displayed by selecting additional filters such as frequency or zip code, though these will be used infrequently as we typically want to view the entirety of someone's schedule for a given day.
- When selecting the date or date range you wish to see on the map, it's is important to keep in mind that this will refer to the 'Assigned Date' column on the Route Schedule page.
- The traffic data field indicates whether or not you want the system to take current traffic information into account when optimizing the route. (i.e. avoid a wreck or road closure that is not typically present)
Step 4: Click 'Map'
- You will now see your Route Stops laid out onto the map. The number on each stop indicates the 'Stop' value listed for that stop.
- By default your Routes will display in Red. This can become confusing as Google Maps uses Red for traffic indications. More information on changing the color for a Route can be found in Step 6 of How to add Routes/Crews