Microsoft Article on ALL of the bad updates they released and ETA on their fixes:
We have just confirmed that there are 2 other Bad Microsoft updates that are creating issues. If you are being sent this article again please check for the other ones and remove them.
Microsoft has released several really bad updates. These update prevent machines from Closing Tasks, Accessing the Route Schedule, Invoices and or Syncing with the mobile devices. Along with other issues. These updates MUST be removed from the machines and below is a simple guide on how to accomplish this.
1. FIRST - Close out our Software and any other Microsoft Office Products.
2. Click the Windows Start key on your machine and type in "Control Panel" then Click on the words "Control Panel":
3. This will open up the Control Panel. There are 2 different Views and both are listed below.
VIEW1 - If you see this then click on the word "PROGRAMS".
Then click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES:
VIEW2 - If you see this view click on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES:
4. Along the top left click on VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES:
5. Locate any of these 3 updates and remove them. These updates are named:
A. Office 2010: Description of the security update for Office 2010: November 12, 2019 (KB4484127)
B. Office 2013: Description of the security update for Office 2013: November 12, 2019 (KB4484119)
C. Office 2016: Description of the security update for Office 2016: November 12, 2019 (KB4484113)
D. Office 2016: November 12, 2019, update for Office 2016 (KB3085368)
E. Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4022208).
To Remove these updates, Right click on that update and select Uninstall. You will get a popup, click Uninstall on that popup. Once it is complete you can close all windows.
You MAY get a message asking to restart the machine after each uninstall, just click NO and perform all 3 uninstalls (or uninstall any of the 3 you see) Then restart the Computer. After the restart you will be able to sign back into windows and use our software again without issue.