Operating systems supported:
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*,including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows: natively installed & Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 - Terminal Server Config., Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*, and Windows Small Business Server 2008
Note: Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 4 GB RAM minimum, 8GB RAM Recommended
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users 20+GB RAM
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations
- Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting (96 DPI or 100%). Additionally, medium DPI (120 DPI or 110%) is supported to ensure an optimal experience for 110% scaling.
- Internet access is required
- U.S. version
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to U.S. only
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi User Access
- Natively installed
- Disk space requirements:
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
- Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect"
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. (Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007 (32 bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge).
Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0 , V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services requires Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2016 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2016 and 2014.
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2014.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2016 and Enterprise 16.0 have been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Defender
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
- Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run server
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 250 MB of available disk space
- CD/DVD drive (or Internet connection) for installation
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not supported
- Product registration required
- Export report data requires Apple Numbers '09; Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac
- E-mail requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Accepting credit and debit cards directly into QuickBooks 2016 for Mac requires Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac (sold separately); subject to application approval and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code. See http://payments.intuit.com/legal.jsp for details.
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires paid subscription (sold separately), EIN and Internet access. QuickBooks 2016 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms; additional fees apply
- System requirements for Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Aatrix
- Top Pay may differ from those of QuickBooks. For details, visit the company websites at www.macpayroll.com and www.aatrix.com
- iCal/Calendar, iChat and Address Book/Contacts are included in Mac OS X installs from Apple, Inc.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks for Windows 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports round tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2016
Important: If the individual product requirements above do not specifically state that an operating system, hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is supported, it has not been tested. Intuit cannot promise that your experience will be trouble-free. If you experience problems outside of the supported environment, technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. If unresolved, the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support.