Disable Power Savings Mode For The Wireless Card
1. Right-click on My Computer (XP), My Computer (Vista/Win7) and choose Properties
2. On the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab, then Device Manager (XP) or the Device Manager link (Vista/Win7).
3. Find your wireless network adapter in the list under Network Adapters.
4. Right-click on the wireless adapter and choose Properties.
5. Select the Advanced tab and choose Power Management (XP) or Transmit Power(Vista) in the Property box.
- Windows XP - Slide the bar to Highest for maximum performance.
- Windows Vista/Win7 - Choose 5. highest from the drop-down box for maximum performance.
The illustration below is for Vista users.
6. Select the Power Management tab and make sure there is NO check in the box forAllow the computer to turn off this device to save power, then click OK.
7. Turn off your wireless transmitter and turn it back on for the change to take effect. On some machines, this can be done by a physical switch on the laptop. On others, it can be done by a combination of keyboard keys. Restarting your computer is generally not necessary, but If you are unsure of how to restart your wireless adapter, you can restart your computer to make the change take effect.