In order to use The Service Program timekeeping you must first setup timekeeping in QuickBooks. Whether you use QuickBooks Payroll services or not all you need to do is setup one employee for each of the people you wish to track time for in The Service Program.
Please Note - The directions for setting up QuickBooks Time Keeping is only a basic draft and depending on your QuickBooks version, there may be steps missing in this write up. We highly recommend researching your version of QuickBooks and following Intuits suggested steps when setting up Time Keeping!
HOW TO TURN ON TIME KEEPING IN QUICKBOOKS:
- Sign into QuickBooks as the Admin and be sure to be in Single-user Mode.
- Open up "Time & Expenses Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click Time & Expenses in the list on the left and then click the "Company Preferences" tab.
- Set "Do you track time" to YES.
- Set the "First Day of Work Week" to the day in which your "work week" starts. Fox Example, If you choose Sunday, your time sheets will begin with Sunday. Click OK to save your changes.
HOW TO SETUP EMPLOYEES FOR TIME TRACKING:
- Go to the "Employee Center".
- Double-click the Employees name. If you do not have any Employees setup, click the "New Employee" button to create one.
- Click the "Payroll Info" tab on the left side.
- Check off the option that says, "Use time data to create paychecks".
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
*OPTIONAL* HOW TO SETUP THE TIME FORMAT:
- Go to Edit -> Preferences.
- Select "General" on the left hand side.
- Click on the "Company Preferences" tab along the top.
- Select "Decimal" or "Minutes" for your Time Format.
- If you want to enter minutes, use a colon between hours and minutes on the "Enter Payroll Information screen". The system then uses exactly what is entered for calculations. For example, you would enter 30 hours and 27 minutes as 30:27. Important! You must use a colon and NOT a period between numbers. If you use a period in this example, QuickBooks will convert it to read 30:16 and give the wrong calculations.
Time Tracking is now setup within QuickBooks and now you can sync that information into The Service Program. Please refer to one of our Articles on how to setup Time Tracking for use within Task or within Route Tickets.
CLICK HERE - For information on how to use Time Tracking with tasks.